Sunday, September 24, 2006


Off to our neighbor's for a Rosh Hashana lunch. Should be fun. They're more observant than us so I usually learn something new.



Update: One of the guests was an older man who it turns out was a bomber pilot for the US Airforce in WWII. He flew 37 missions in a B-24 Mitchell bomber over Germany. It was fascinating to listen to his account of the air war then. I always like to talk to the WWII vets who I encounter. Their stories are often remarkable. You really get a feel of what the dedicated strength of the American people was capable of accomplishing. I sometimes wonder what would happen if our generation was tested as theirs was. I'd like to think that we would pass that test but sometimes I wonder if the sort of unity of purpose that we exhibited in WWII could be achieved again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Site Counter