Sunday, March 19, 2006

I think we are going to keep the old place


After spending the day cruising around Long Island looking at houses, I think we have decided to stay put. Between the aggravation of moving, the length of my commute, and the costs , I'm just not sure it is worth it. Right now, we have to use private schools for our two kids. The tuition cost is quite high but my son has only four more years to go before high school (public specialized schools are still good here). It is true that moving would save us the tuition costs but the increased taxes (easily triple what they are in NYC), the costs of running a second car, and the monthly price of the Long Island Rail Road ($300) reduce those savings by half. It just doesn't seem worth it to me, especially since we are really very comfortable where we are. Hopefully, this issue has been put to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Site Counter