Wednesday, October 05, 2011

The iPhone 4S

I have been reading the reviews of the iPhone 4s. So far the overall opinion seems to be that the device is a disappointment. I have to admit that I agree with this assessment. With the exception of the new camera the 4 S does not seem to offer anything new. Even the new voice input system is largely available through Dragon. I am actually dictating these comments into my original iPhone 3 GS. This system, while not perfect, does work reasonably well. The question thus becomes, is the $199 price tag of the new iPhone 4 S, worth it for a camera upgrade. Bear in mind that you will have to pay $100 for a new apple care plan and $30 for a new activation fee along with the cost of a new case should you be upgrading from an iPhone three model. With tax the bill could easily come to nearly $400. That may seem reasonable to some people but frankly I think that's very expensive for what you are getting. Accordingly I think I will pass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Site Counter